Okay so last week I lost a lovely 2 pounds!!! Yeeey I was so happy and definitely planned for another loss this week too but, how I failed this week…
So I bought more slimming world meals on the Saturday morning, ready for my week ahead I knew what I was having. But, Riley started to feel unwell in the afternoon. He was sick, then the diarrhoea started. After he was sick he felt better but he was sleeping a lot that afternoon so I still decided I was going to go out for a meal and cinema like I’d planned.
I went to go to Glass! Wouldn’t waste your time btw.
As soon as I got home I went to check in Riley, as I always do. Riley had had an accident in his sleep, the smell was terrible! After changing his bed and giving him a wash. I was awake most the night, humming and aaarrring weather or not to ring 111 and get some advice. I decided to sleep on it and ring them in the morning…
The Sunday morning he wasn’t much better. He wasn’t eating only drinking, the sickness and diarrhoea was still there and he looked so pale. I decided to ring 111 and get advice. They told me to get to the hospital A&E within the hour. Obviously I was emotionally eating! My sister bless her brought me food to keep me going but because I was tired I just wanted to say rubbish so I did.
Turned out Riley had a terrible bug. Didn’t send him to school Monday and Tuesday. So I carried on eating rubbish followed by more rubbish and more rubbish! Sugar drinks the lot. Anything to keep my energy up because I was just so tired!
Wednesday I didn’t feel that great I was light headed so more sugar drinks and chocolate was my only answer.
Then Thursday I was blessed with my star week. So as you can imagine I’ve had a rubbish week. Urgh.
Sooooooooo… this week the scales said… I had put 1.5lbs ON!
Which I was expecting.
This week I’m going to try my best to get that off and a little more! I’m going to plan ahead. Plan my meals. Plan my snacks. Plan everything I can! I’m going to really push myself.
Wish me luck!!
Riley went back to school yesterday!
I actually set my alarm early to get up and ready before waking Riley up so I was verrrrry organised this morning which is one of my new year resolutions!
I woke him up and told him it was time to go back to school and he burst into tears, saying he didn’t want to leave me. Actually made me abit upset tbh. He gets so used to been at home with me and coco when school breaks up for holidays.
Once we got to school and he saw his friends he was obviously fine.
He managed to have a good day and even did PE outside for a while.
As he was so good his Auntie Alice treated us to Pizza Hut for tea which is his favourite! Who’s favourite tea isn’t pizza!
With me doing slimming world I got a flat bread pizza with lots of salad and it was lovely! Counting my syns for the next two days with that. So I will see what the scales say to me on Friday…. wish me luck!
So its back to the school runs, back to making small talk with the mummies. Haha.
x x x x
When did I become aware of childhood cancer?
Friday 28th November 2014.
I will never forget the look on the doctors face when he told me “your son has cancer” words no one ever wants to here. Whilst most people would have been in the shops getting their Black Friday Deals I was sat in a room with Riley on my knee been told the worst news.
There are still times, in the middle of the night, first thing in the morning when I still can’t quite believe that my son was diagnosed with cancer!
I was also told that the chance of survival was only 40% which doesn’t seem a lot at all.
A lot of people don’t even know that September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Unless Childhood Cancer effects your family, its may not be something you would be aware of! Awareness can help families that are facing Childhood Cancer feel less alone. Raising awareness this month especially will help other families that haven’t been effected by Childhood Cancer be more aware of the signs and the symptoms. I know it might be scary to think your child having Cancer but wouldn’t you want to be aware? Wouldn’t you want to know what to look out for? I wish I would have known the sign and symptoms and what to look out for. Most Gps aren’t trained on Childhood Cancer and that shows with how many parents have had to take their child to the GP before ending up in hospital getting told the most awful news.
Honestly, if your a parent or carer, educate yourself on knowing the signs and symptoms of Childhood Cancer.
A few weeks ago I posted a blog asking what a true friend was. https://justsophandriley.blog/2018/04/09/what-is-a-true-friend/
Well after many many many arguments with my ‘friend’ and so much disappointment I’ve realised I’m done. I was done a long time ago but been the person I am I gave them another chance to prove me and everybody else wrong. They just proved us all right.
I feel like I’m honestly changing, I’m 24. I’m an adult. I don’t need the childish friendships that they are wanting. I’m finally getting my shit together and it feels good!
I have made so much effort with them and haven’t gotten anything in return apart from upset. It does hurt, of course it’s going to hurt. We’ve been ‘friends’ for an unlucky 13 years. But I’m making this decision because of their actions and I’m not sorry.
They have been horrible to me. Honestly they have done me a favour now. I can realise what I do actually want in a friend and what I N E V E R want again. I don’t need somebody who is this toxic. They’ve taken so much of my emotional energy from me. Life is too short to have people treat you the way you don’t treat them. I wouldn’t do to them what they have me. Life is too short to surround yourself with people who don’t have your best interests at heart. Your best friend should be your biggest fan. They shouldn’t be nasty too you or nasty about you. There’s enough people out there that can be nasty to you, your best friend and your friendship group should not be one of those people. Surround yourself with people who raise and praise you.
I met up with one of my friends I’ve known since primary school. We went too our kids favourite play areas and you know what it was really nice to sit down and have a double c (coffee&chat) about the kids, school, mummy life, clothes and the celeb gossip! It was actually lovely to spend time with somebody who actually enjoyed my company.
My friend has not long had a baby boy. It was lovely to have some baby snuggles too which is always a bonus! The kids all played together nicely and we even arranged another day trip out! We used to always hang out not long after I had Riley as they only used to live down the street from us. When Riley got poorly obviously all my attention was on him and I put my social life aside when they have always understood!
It’s nice to know that I do have friends. Friends I don’t have to speak too everyday. When I’m with them I know I am wanted.
I’m taking massive steps in my life to change. To be a better person. To be a stronger person.
Be picky with your clothes, friend & time.
Tomorrow I will be turning 24!
23 was definitely a great year for me. I passed my driving test. Riley’s reached a 2 in remission. I discovered I actually like muscles (fish). Riley saw paw patrol live. I laughed a lot more. I discovered I’m dyslexic. Riley started Reception. I’ve experienced so much in 23 years – the good, the bad, the ugly, and the wonderful.
So, Im sharing whatever I think I’ve learnt during my 23 years on this planet we call home. But, I know I still have a thousand more things to be learnt.
So here it is a list of things I’ve learnt in
20 21 2223 years…
- Your mother will always be there for you no matter how many arguments you will have she will always be there.
- Don’t take social media so seriously it’s not about how many likes you get.
- Singing alone in the car can fix a lot of things. Who doesn’t love a good karaoke car?
- Sometimes you just need to let things go. Not really forgive and forget but accept that you can’t do anything and just move on.
- You’re capable of so much more then you think. Try new things you’ll see.
- Most things aren’t worth getting upset about after all it’ll all be forgotten about in a day or two.
- People will likely talk about you behind your back but it doesn’t mean they don’t care.
- Spend money wisely. Save as much as you can you never know when you might need it for an emergency.
- Sometimes bad things happen to good people we can’t change it.
- Different doesn’t mean better or worse, it means different! Nobody’s the same.
- Say no to people when you have too, you have to take care of yourself.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- If you feel like something needs to be said, say it! Don’t let things eat away in your mind.
- Stand up for yourself. Don’t let people treat you like rubbish.
- Make sure the important people in your life know their important. Check in on them. Don’t take people for granted they won’t always be around.
- Sometimes people only want to know you because of what you have not because of you as a person.
- Take things one day at a time. Don’t stress too much about the future whatever happens, happens.
- Everything happens for a reason, it makes you the person you are today.
- Smile and laugh more. Laughing definitely makes you feel better.
- Always be yourself, you don’t need to try and fit in.
- Take lots of pictures! They make great memories in years to come.
- Always apply primer before foundation.
- Always set more then 1 alarm for the morning. If you dont hear the first one im pretty sure you might just hear the 5th one!